Expert Care for Non-Healing Wounds
At Sonoran Vein and Endovascular we know that coping with non-healing wounds can be both frustrating and time consuming. A chronic wound or ulcer that does not heal within four weeks’ time frame, despite adequate management, may require advanced care with our outpatient program. The wound care specialist at Sonoran focus on using patient evaluations to determine the treatment that will be most effective for you and your condition. Saving patients from unnecessary or avoidable lower limb amputations is our mission! Services offered include testing, treatments, and follow-up care for patients with limb-threatening conditions such as diabetic foot ulcers, advanced peripheral vascular disease, acute infections, and deformities. Amputations related to the complications of peripheral vascular disease, or diabetes mellitus, are the most common cause of lower-extremity amputations. Approximately 50,000-60,000 major lower-extremity amputations are performed each year in the U.S. because of diabetes-related complications.
Why Patients Choose Sonoran as Their Wound Care Experts
The wound care techniques and services are cutting edge and utilize the most up-to-date approaches when it comes to wound healing. We remain committed and current with new scientific advances in wound care products, therapies, and techniques to get you back to the lifestyle you’re used to. At Sonoran we offer you an individualized and comprehensive plan of care that brings you the most appropriate and effective wound care treatments tailored for your specific needs.
Schedule an Appointment Today
Types of Wounds We Treat
Diabetic Foot Ulcers
Venous Leg Ulcers
Lower Extremity Pressure Wounds & Ulcers
Advanced Biologic Therapies
Wounds Involving Bone or Soft Tissue Infections
Wound Care Dressing Changes
Wound Care Services
Because every patient is unique, we will begin with a thorough assessment to determine the underlying cause of your wound and then implement a treatment plan.
The expert staff at Sonoran Vein and Endovascular are here to help you take charge of your non-healing leg wound using effective treatment options that are tailored to your diagnosis. Our team will assess your wound care needs, and guide you in the right direction for the best patient care and outcome.
Treatments/interventions may include:
• Non-invasive ultrasound screening to test your circulation
• Debridement (removal of dead tissue)
• Vascular intervention to increase the blood flow and circulation in your lower extremities.
• Special dressings, grafts, and treatments to help heal the wound
• Assessment and ongoing care by our highly skilled team of wound care specialists, including a case manager who will oversee every aspect of your treatment
• Education for you and your family to help healing happen at home, including materials and resources related to prevention, nutrition, hygiene, and more
• Ongoing communication and collaboration with you and your doctor so that you each remain informed about your progress